Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Acknowledging God's Faithfulness

I have really been enjoying the last week or so of my "Believing God" homework, because it has involved writing down my spiritual journey. One of the things that I've seen is as I can look back on events in my life, I can see how God was at work even when I didn't realize it at the time. At first when I saw that we were going to write down our journeys, I didn't think much about it, but it has really had a profound impact on me, and I've only gotten to age 18! After that is when I really started to let God have control of my life. I am amazed at the provision and protection that He provided during those years when I wasn't allowing Him to have complete control. I would encourage each of you to write down your story. Take it in bite-size portions (I'm doing 1/5 of my life at a time), and make note of your family situation, major events, spiritual events, and any "God-stops" (instances & seasons where you know God was at work). After I get through this homework, I think I'll actually compile my thoughts in a journal to keep. Part of truly believing God is knowing that He has been at work all along and that His ways are so much higher than mine. His track record speaks for itself. . .HE CAN BE TRUSTED!!

Someone who I have grown to care deeply about who doesn't have a relationship with Christ recently posed the question, "How can you pray to a God that lets bad things into your life?" While I can completely understand this concern from someone who doesn't have a personal relationship with Christ, my answer has to be "How can I not?" When this broken world we live in leaves me at rock bottom, I have no where to turn but to the One Who I know has always been faithful. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! (Hebrews 13:8)

Have a great week trusting the One Who can always be trusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment