Friday, December 18, 2009

It's been way too long. . .

Oh my goodness!! I have been horrible at posting to my blog. It has been an absolute whirlwind since I returned from Africa. I posted a few pics while I was there, and I'll post another blog specifically regarding that trip, but I just wanted to catch everyone up on what's been going on. My first evening home from Africa was spent in the Emergency Room. I pretty much knew by my last day and half in Africa that I needed some serious medical attention, but tried to ignore it and hoped it would go away (they say nurses are the worst patients!). Starting on the third or fourth day of our trip, I had an irritation in my esophagus. The only thing I could really trace it back to was taking one of my malaria pills without water. By the day we left to come home, I couldn't even drink water without being in tremendous pain, so I headed to the ER. They diagnosed me with severe esophagitis, which is pretty much an ulceration of my esophagus. After one night of medicine and a day or two to eat and get my energy back, I was as good as new! Which was good, because I had exactly 1 week to move out of my house.
I sold my house and bought a new one (well, new to me) on October 30th. I had to move out of my house and move in with my parents. Getting the house ready has taken much longer than I expected, but I hope to move in this weekend. . .we shall see!
The last 3 weeks have been so busy! I have been working alot at the hospital as well as working on my house. As if I didn't have enough to do, I helped plan a huge benefit for 3 of my co-workers who are battling breast cancer. We decided to do this event with only 3 weeks to plan! What a crazy time! But it was well worth it. . . we raised around $13,000!!! We were totally overwhelmed by everyone's generosity!
I will spend tomorrow helping to renovate our student ministry area at church. Saturday morning, my little cousin, April is graduating law school, so I'm going to her graduation to celebrate! Saturday night, I am looking forward to the Chris Tomlin Christmas concert. Maybe I'll slow down just in time to celebrate Christmas! Thanking the Lord that I am healthy and happy and have the energy to do all of the things He's called me to!! I am truly blessed! Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment