Friday, April 17, 2009

His Blood Speaks a Better Word!

So, I'm trying to catch up on my "Believing God" homework, and I am on the day that is talking about the faith chapter in Hebrews. We are looking at several men in the Bible who truly believed God. Today was the story of Cain and Abel, and how Abel's offering was acceptable to God, but Cain's wasn't. When Cain became jealous of Abel, he killed him and God came to Cain and said "your brother's blood is crying out to me from the ground." In the Bible study today, Beth asked what Abel's blood was crying out for. She said that it was probably crying out for justice and vengeance. She went on to point out the following scripture in Hebrews, "to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel." (12:24). Wow! Aren't you glad that Christ's blood speaks a better word? I'm so thankful that His blood doesn't cry out for justice or vengeance. I don't want justice or fairness, because that would mean eternity separated from my Creator! Thank you, Jesus, that Your blood cries out forgiveness and grace and mercy and redemption! Thank You for bearing the cross that meant taking on my sin (along with the sin of the entire world). Thank you that it didn't end with the cross. Thank you that on that Easter Sunday morning 2000 years ago, You overcame death and the grave when You rose from the dead! Now, that's a better Word! That's something to get excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment