Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hodge Podge

Well, I haven't blogged in a while, so I thought I'd post a blog today. It might be kind of random because I'm not sure what to blog about!

First, if you haven't read Rebecca's blog this week, you should! It cracked me up!

I guess I'll just fill you in on what's been going on since the last blog.

Shahla and I went to the Youth Ministry Lab at Southwestern Seminary this past weekend, and it was really good! David Platt was the main speaker, and his messages were challenging to say the least! Aaron Ivey led worship. He is now the worship leader at Austin Stone since Chris moved to Atlanta. There were also several breakout sessions that were both challenging and encouraging. I realized how old I was when one of the conference leaders asked how many years we had been doing student ministry and I had to keep my hand raised a little too long!! Shahla mentioned after the conference that all of the speakers really had the same underlying message: "We can do all the events we want with these kids, but if we're not showing them how to have an intimate relationship with Jesus by just walking alongside them through this crazy life, then we have failed." AMEN! I'm so grateful that God has given me the privilege to hang out and minister to students!

Sunday, we had our annual Easter Egg Hunt/Picnic at church, and that was fun watching all the kids (young and old) hunt eggs and enjoy fellowship. I got my first sunburn of the year, that will hopefully turn into a tan! We had hot dogs and Kathie James even brought her famous cookies! Yummy!

Monday and Tuesday I spent time at Barbers Hill High School watching Amy and Kaitlyn play in the District Tennis Tournament. I got a little more sun! I love Springtime!

Oh, and we can't forget the big event that took place Monday night. . . Opening Day!! Baseball season is finally here! I think everyone in Houston must've been there, because the only time I've had to park this far away from the stadium was during the World Series! So, we finally got to our seats in the 3rd inning and enjoyed the game with about 20 friends! Too bad the Astros didn't pull off a win, but at least Isabella was there to entertain us! She was cheering everytime someone got a hit or caught a ball! It was hilarious!

Hope everyone is having a good week! It's back to work for me tonight after 6 nights off. Here are some pics from Monday night:



Singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" with Philip and Lacey




Eating Laurie's (actually Michelle's) popcorn!



Isabella and Aunt Kristi


No comments:

Post a Comment