Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One week till Opening Day. . .and ER finale. . .


Less than a week till Opening Day! Everyone at work has been giving me a hard time about my Astros' horrible Spring Training. Let's just say I'm glad we ended on a good note with several wins. I'm excited to see what this season has in store. And, I heard that in years when the Astros have a bad Spring, they have a good regular season! Hopefully they'll win when it counts :)!! All I know is, I'm glad it's baseball season and I'll be out there every Friday home game (plus a few more I'm sure) to root for the "good guys!" I've enjoyed reading Alyson Footer's blog this Spring. She's the Astros' beat reporter, and she put some great pics on her blog recently. You should check it out: http://footer.mlblogs.com/

On another note, the E.R. series finale is Thursday. I seriously almost took the night off (I know, that's pathetic)! Thank goodness for DVR's! I'm not one to get terribly hooked on TV. E.R. is the only show I follow every week and I don't even have cable. I could actually probably do without the TV altogether except when I can't sleep, I lay on the couch and watch it until I get sleepy. Anyway, I think I've actually watched every single E.R. episode. It's going to be weird for it to end this week after 15 seasons! It has been a fun season as all the old cast members have made appearances. So, farewell to Drs. Carter, Ross, Benton, Morris, Rasgotra, Kovac, Lockhart, Lewis, Corday, Weaver, Pratt, Gallant, Gates and Greene; and to nurses Hilay, Sam, Junie, and Carol. And, of course I can't forget the craziest unit clerks, Jerry and Frank. I'm going to miss my Thursday night hour of E.R.!

No comments:

Post a Comment