Friday, March 13, 2009

Believing God


I have recently started the "Believing God" Bible Study, and these are my thoughts 1 week into it. . .

I was just looking back over the last 4 days of study, and I'm blown away by an amazing God and by my unbelief! I have been in a season of learning to trust Him completely. I've blogged before about how I am like Jonah so many times. I am obedient to God, because I know I should be, not because I completely trust His plan. These daily studies on belief and faith have just reiterated that point. I place my trust in so many other things: relationships, my job, my family, finances; but, I can't seem to completely trust the One who will never let me down! I am learning this, but it has been a very slow process. I have been in a season of completely falling in love with my Savior all over again! The best thing?? It has not even been close to the "easiest" season of my life. I love that! My belief in God and His provision for me is not at all related to my circumstances!! Hallelujah! This is what really stuck out to me this week: I can keep spinning my wheels at trying to do "the right thing," or I can just continue to fall more deeply in love with Jesus, and belief and trust comes along with that. Actually, that's the only way true belief and trust will occur! I get excited just typing the words! God is so good and so faithful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment