Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I won't be satisfied with anything ordinary. . .

So, I thought I wasn't going to get to go to anymore of Beth Moore's Bible Studies this semester, and I got to go tonight, and I get to go next week, too! It's meant some sacrifice in my work schedule, but it is definitely worth the trade-off! This post might seem a little random, but I just want to share a few things on my heart this week, and a few "bullet points" from Beth's message tonight!

* My heart has been heavy today as I pray for the Wims family. I can't even begin to imagine what Jenny is going through. I never even met Brad, but he has been such testimony to Christ during his long battle with cancer. Thank You Jesus for using this family, and wrap them in Your love tonight like only You can!

* I'm so thankful that I serve a God who speaks to us through the Holy Spirit. He answers prayers, and He can be trusted! I have been praying about a situation recently and God answered me so clearly during my personal Bible Study time yesterday that my jaw literally dropped! He is so faithful! Father, continue to guide me as I move to obedience in this area! I know I can trust You!

* We sang several old hymns tonight at Bible study and I was moved to tears as we sang "How Firm a Foundation." God has provided a foundation that I can rest on for eternity. I also thought about the legacy of so many who have invested in my life spiritually over the years. Some of them have gone home to be the with Father, and others of them are still faithfully serving Him. Thank You, Lord, for people who invest their lives in others.

* There's a song we've been singing at Bible Study on Tuesday nights and I wrote the words down tonight, because I want this to be the cry of my heart: "We won't be satisfied with anything ordinary; We won't be satisfied at all! Open up the skies, fall down like rain; We don't want blessings, We want You! Open up the skies, fall down like fire; We don't want anything but You!" Thank You, Lord, that You haven't called me to live a comfortable, ordinary life! Help me to boldly live for You, and not be satisfied with anything else!

* "If you and I are living in the will of God, we are never meant to live in defeat!" (Beth Moore) This is something that God has taught me in recent months, and I have claimed it for my life. If you are a believer and are living in defeat, something is wrong! Figure out what is is and let God deal with it! Satan wants nothing more than for us to be defeated. In the name of Jesus, I claim that Satan can take a hike! My God has won the victory!!

* And, lastly, Beth spoke about the parable of the prodigal son tonight. One point that stood out to me was that "there will always be those who disapprove or despise our restoration, whether among the family of God or enemy forces." That is why our repentance has to be authentic. We can't fake it! When it's an authentic repentance and restoration, we can stand firm and with confidence in what God has done! Father, thank You that You are in the business of restoration, and I can rest in my relationship with You!

Sorry this was so long! Hope you are all having a great week! Until next time... don't be satisfied with anything ordinary!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is far more deep and profound than mine...maybe I should work on that : )!! And we didnt move, we are just in El Paso for three months for some training! Should have made that more clear! We will be back in AZ by end of April...come visit anytime.

    ReplyDelete