Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Big Day

This post might come as a surprise to many of you, since I am unashamedly very conservative politically and didn't vote for Barack Obama for president, and am actually concerned about policy under his administration, but I think God is very clear about this subject: we are commanded to pray for those in authority.

So, as Christians, let's use this as an example to others of how we live out our faith and bring glory to the Father. I'm commiting to pray for President Obama, his wife and daughters. I'm not saying this to make myself look good, it's just something that God has convicted me about. Pray for wisdom, discernment and peace as he guides our country through a very difficult time in our history. I am confident in God's sovereignty and know that he uses ALL things for His glory and to accomplish His will!

Another thing. . .I have just started reading a book called Same Kind of Different as Me. It is a true story that deals with the race relations in our country even in the not-so-distant past. As I read this and am appalled at the way people were treated because of the color of their skin, I am so proud to live in a country that has elected a black man for president. We have come a long way! Now, if we'll just elect a black woman (aka Condi Rice) then I'll really be excited (had to throw that in there!).

Let me end with this. I can't have a blog about the new administration without mentioning President Bush. I have always been a Bush supporter and I know that God had the right man in office for the last 8 years. He faced probably the most difficult circumstances of any modern day president and I think he handled them to the best of his ability with the information he had. I'm thankful that we have had a president these last 8 years who is very bold about his faith and the fact that he spends time in the Word daily. Thank you W for leading us with grace under fire!!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with your post more. I have been a very active volunteer for Gov. Mike Huckabee and the one thing that he does make clear is that we need to pray for ALL our leaders in authority......all of our beliefs aside. Those are the ones we need to be focusing on the most. As a conservative christian, it is our duty to pray for God's will in all circumstances. We need to band together and lift up Obama. I also am a big Bush supporter.....I believe God placed him there as well. Keep up the good posts! Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete