Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here Goes Nothing :)

Well, I guess I've officially jumped on the "blogging bandwagon!" I love to put my thoughts down on paper (or a computer screen in this case). I'll have to say I'm a little intimidated since I don't have some huge significant event to blog about, but sometimes my life can be pretty amusing, and God's always teaching me new things that I'd love to share. So. . . .here goes!

I'll start with a disclaimer of sorts. . .I work nights, so some of my posts might be written in the wee hours of the morning. Our theory at work is that we're not held responsible for anything we say after 3:00 a.m.! So, I was sitting at work tonight checking out all the blogs that I follow and decided to create my own. That was 3 hours ago. I have spent the last three hours trying to figure out a name for this dang thing (yes, it's a slow night in the NICU). I was seriously stressing out about this. I wanted something clever and meaningful (as if people are really going to care what my blog is called). I'm sure I'm not going to have a huge following of faithful "blog-stalkers" anyway, but I wanted it to be good! I decided there are two things that I would say I'm passionate about in life: my relationship with Christ and baseball. Okay, so maybe not on the same level, but you know what I mean. Let's just say I'm counting down the days until Spring Training! So, I started searching for names that would incorporate both. I have to say my favorite one was "Intentional Walk," but some other blogger has taken that one. So, since I couldn't figure out how to steal the name from this other blogger, I settled on "Crossing Home: Living a Life of Victory." I want my blog to encourage people to live their lives not based upon their circumstances, but on the victory that has already been won by our Savior! This is a point that I think I finally grasped after doing Beth Moore's Breaking Free Bible Study last year. The victory has been won! The veil was torn! As Christians, we have no excuse to sit around and mope about our life circumstances! We've read the end of the story and we know who wins! If that's not reason enough to celebrate life, then I don't know what is!

Let me close with a little struggle I'm having this week. I am a faithful stalker of Beth Moore's blog (www.livingproofministries.blogspot.com). At the beginning of 2009, she challenged us to memorize scripture this year. I knew this was one area of my walk that certainly needed work, so I took the challenge. I bought a little binder of notecards and wrote my first scripture. I have 2 more days to memorize this first passage and I am having a hard time! I think it's because I'm getting old (turning 29 next week and freaking out a little!). Just kidding. I know that Scripture is the main way we can fight the battle we are waging against Satan, so he would love for me to give up on this challenge. He will NOT win the victory, so I'll be memorizing like a mad woman for the next two days. Here's the scripture: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. " Whew! That's a mouthful! It would be awesome if you'd like to join in on this scripture memorizing journey! Let me know in the comments and we can hold each other accountable!

4 comments:

  1. Love the name. Working hard today to get the verse down. Since I have 8 hours of nothing ahead of me, maybe I'll have success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you!! :) I'm happy that you started a blog, I can read it and it's kinda like we get to talk more :) And I think your blog name is awesome!! I thought, "oh, crossing home", like looking forward to heaven. I should have known... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this. I also am taking the Siesta Scripture Memory Journey!! I'm excited and maybe we can hold each other accountable.
    ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog by going into my profile. If you go in to View Profile, all your interests should be in blue. You can click on them and it will bring up other bloggers that have those interests as well. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete