Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trusting Him

I was trying to think of something funny to share on my blog today, but I literally slept the entire day, so no exciting escapades! I'll be at work tonight, and you never know what might happen there!

So, I guess you'll have to listen to me being serious again today. 2008 was a good year for me: not because it was free of drama (because it certainly wasn't), not because of any significant event (because there really weren't any), and not because everything went as planned (because it certainly didn't), but because God was truly at work (and still is!). I had been kind of just "truckin' along" the last couple of years. I didn't have consistent quiet times, and was way too busy doing life and ministry and church to focus on my personal time with God like I should. Anyway, I'm not going to give you the play by play (and should probably apologize to some of you who have had to hear the play by play!), but because of some life circumstances, I found myself turning to the only place I knew. . .the Word! I mean, I read my Bible fairly regularly, but this was daily seeking after Him. For the first time in my life I could identify with James about rejoicing in trials. .because I did. Now, sometimes I hate to even call my circumstances trials, because they pale in comparison to some of the trials of many people that I know. But, they were something that shook the core of what I believed about myself and my God and the grace that He extends. Anyway, to make a long story short, I had to rely on Him and trust Him. For those of you who know me, I am a bit of a control freak and trusting anyone is hard for me. One of the lessons God has taught me in the last year is to follow Him not just out of obedience, but out of complete and utter trust that His ways are higher than ours. I'll usually do what God wants because He's God and that's what I'm supposed to do, but a lot of times I don't completely trust Him. I read a quote on Beth Moore's blog (www.livingproofministries.blogspot.com) that just really spoke to me where I was. She said, "Jesus is so worthy of our trust no matter what has taken us by surprise!" Guess what? God is not surprised by our life circumstances. Quite the opposite. He is using them to mold us and make us who He wants us to be. So, when you feel like someone just pulled a rug out from under you, and you might have a long hard fall, the great thing is that we have a firm foundation on which to land! And, we can look back at what God has done and rejoice in those times of trials!

I won't go on and on in this post, because if I tried to write down everything I learned last year, we'd be here all day. Just remember when life seems out of control, it's okay, because we know Who is in control and He has our best interest at heart ALWAYS! He is so worthy of our trust!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading this. I'm dealing with a great deal of difficulties going into 2009...and brought them from 2008...this lifted my spirits today. I just remind myself..."Their is NO High, like Most High."

    ReplyDelete