Saturday, January 17, 2009

Rodeo

So, today, I celebrated a very important Simmons family tradition... buying Rodeo tickets! Not really very important, but it has become a tradition. No matter where we are, the Simmons sisters are usually on the phone to each other at 9:45 on the third Saturday morning of January with a game plan. You see, we typically go to 4 or 5 performances and we have to make sure and get all the tickets. And this year, Miss Priss (aka my niece Isabella) can't possible miss seeing Taylor Swift (or according to her Taylor "Witch"), so, those tickets were first priority, eventhough I'm not even going to that performance. Aunt Janell came through with that purchase! We got all of our tickets, but I was beyond frustrated by the time I was done. I decided I would be "smart" and sign into both of my TicketMaster accounts at the same time and try to search for tickets to 2 different performances. Well, clearly, the TicketMaster people are much smarter than me, so they kicked me out all together! That put my ticket hunt behind by about 7 minutes. Fortunately Janell was buying tickets in Round Rock and not breaking the rules, so we got all of our tickets. I think the coming season of Spring might be my favorite. The Rodeo will be here before we know it, and by then Spring Training is underway, which means it'll be no time at all until I am spending several nights a week at Minute Maid Park watching my Astros! YAY! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm about to go shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment