Saturday, February 21, 2009

Israel H. & C.T.

Well, tonight was the long-awaited Chris Tomlin concert. I have been looking forward to it for several reasons. I love Chris's music. He has a heart for worship and leading others in worship and it is very evident in His songs. Also, my niece, Isabella, absolutely loves Chris. You would think this was something we "brainwashed" her into (or at least that Shahla might have), but it's not. She's always loved his music and I think the first song she ever sang besides "Jesus Loves Me" was "How Great is Our God." This child knows every song on the "Hello Love" CD. It's crazy. Needless to say, she's been excited about going to this concert for a while!

The concert was amazing. It was such a sweet time of corporate worship. Israel Houghton opened the show, followed by Chris (who's back-up singer tonight was Christy Nockels... my favorite "girl" singer ever!). As I looked down the row at my 2 1/2 year-old niece singing her heart out to "Jesus Messiah," "Sing, Sing, Sing," and "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)," you know I had to cry! I'm so thankful for parents who raise their children to love Jesus! I look so forward to the day when Isabella knows Jesus as her Savior and Lord! I'm thrilled to know that she'll grow up learning about a Savior who is absolutely crazy in love with her!

On that note, He is crazy in love with all of us! And, because of that we have a song to sing!! He has redeemed us by conquering death and the grave!!! WOOHOO!! What a blessing to worship Him together tonight with dear friends and complete strangers! He is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment