Monday, February 16, 2009

It Has Begun!

WOOOOOHOOOOO! It's officially time for baseball! The pitchers and catchers have reported for Spring Training, and the weather is getting warmer. Laurie has purchased the Opening Day tickets (there are 18 of us going!). Now, if I can only talk someone into going to Florida for a weekend, I can see a game before opening day. I should probably save my money and be patient :).

Call me crazy, but I'm hopeful that the Astros will have a good season. I don't think it'll be 90 wins or anything, but lately a team doesn't need 90 wins to get the Wild Card. So, my prediction is our pitching staff is going to surprise us and some of our bench players from last year (specifically Geoff Blum) are going to rise to the occasion and give us some baseball worth cheering about! I'm just looking forward to spending time with friends and family watching my Astros at Minute Maid Park. Go 'Stros!

No comments:

Post a Comment