Monday, February 16, 2009

So blessed. . .

Do you ever have one of those moments where something just hits you like a ton of bricks?? I have them frequently, because I'm so stubborn, it usually takes moments like those to get my attention. Well, this week, I've had moments like that twice.

I've been struck by the hopelessness of our world. Over the weekend, I heard of two very tragic deaths that have a direct impact on people in my circle of influence. One of them was a suicide, and the other was a murder of a young man. When I heard about these deaths, my first reaction was sadness and an overwhelming sense that all the things I whine about in my life are so petty! I also am so broken-hearted that people are at a point in their lives where they have no where else to turn. We live in a broken world, and a world full of hopeless people. As Christians, we have got to quit worrying about ourselves and our own comfort and start recognizing hurting people! They are all around us: our neighbors, our coworkers, even our fellow church-members. Am I so busy that I don't even see the hurt around me?? There are people that I come in contact with on a daily basis who are living their lives without a hope for the future. I have the Answer to their hurts and I live my life like I don't care sometimes! Lord, please help me to be aware of the hurting around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment